How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days
To help land an account, a notorious player makes a bet with his co-workers that he can get a woman to fall in love with him in just 10 days. But he bets on the wrong girl -- a writer who's working on an article on how to get rid of a guy in 10 days.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Donald Petrie
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; deleted scenes; making-of featurette; cast and crew interviews.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
How to Lose a Guy in 10 DaysClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has very mature material for a PG-13, including explicit and graphic sexual references and situations. There are references to impotence, orgasms, sex between people who do not know each other very well, and the appropriate name to give to genitals. Characters drink and smoke. Drinking to the point of drunkenness is portrayed as a way to handle unhappiness. There is also very strong language for a PG-13, including continuous use through one long scene of the word "bulls--t" in a card game. Most important, this is a movie in which the characters lie to each other and manipulate each other and make no effort to tell each other the truth, even after they have become very close.
- Sexual Content
- Plenty of sex talk and sexual behavior. The couple follow each other into the shower for implied sex, kiss passionately, visit a couples/sex therapist, and talk about the name of his penis. Plenty of sexualized magazine headlines shown and near-naked women posing in sportswear.
- One punch in the face.
- Many instances of "s--t" especially, plus "pisser," "ass," "freaking," and more. They play the card game named "Bulls--t."
- Social Behavior
- Deceptive behavior, and numerous negative female and male stereotypes -- meant for laughs but will be offensive to many.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking and smoking, drunkenness; lots of drinking references.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it