Huntik: Secrets & Seekers: Journal 1: Golem of Prague
After stumbling upon his dad's private journal, high school kid Lok Lambert finds himself the target of the shadowy Organization. Soon, Lok must become a Seeker in order to conjure up a band of Titans to save the planet. Enlisting the aid of detective Dante Vale, brainy heiress Sophie Casterwill and others, Lok takes on the Organization -- and its mastermind, the Professor -- in the explosive adventures of this animated series. Journal 1 contains episodes 1-7.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Iginio Straffi
TV-Y7Directed to Older Children. This program is designed for children age 7 and above.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; animated TGC demo; photo gallery; secret passwords; international opening songs; trailer; promo reel for other Media Blasters titles.
Huntik: Secrets & Seekers: Journal 1: Golem of PragueClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this animated action series follows the adventures of humans who use magical amulets to summon fearsome creatures from another plane. Some of these people work for the shadowy Organization, which wants to use the power of the creatures to further its evil agenda, while another group has vowed to stop them (so it's pretty much your standard good vs. evil divide). There's plenty of action -- including martial arts fights and magical duels between the humans and all-out brawls between the creatures -- though there's little explicit violence and injuries are rare.The series is tied in to an extensive product line, including a trading card game, so kids may start asking for stuff after watching.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Plenty of cartoon action, including martial arts combat and magical duels between humans, as well as some pretty serious brawling by Titans -- which are fearsome creatures from another plane that can be summoned to this world. The Titans look pretty scary, with sharp swords, long fangs, and dangerous claws. Despite all the mayhem, injuries and bloodshed are rare.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- No obvious messages aside from the hope that good (the Huntik Foundation) will triumph over evil (the Organization). The Organization hopes to use the Titans' powers to further its nefarious plans, and the Huntik Foundation -- including Lok, Sophie, and Dante -- must thwart their schemes.
- There's no commercial content on Huntik, but there's plenty of Huntik merchandise (including a trading card game) available for fans to buy.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it