I Like Killing Flies
In this quirky documentary, filmmaker Matt Mahurin peers into Shopsin's, a hole-in-the-wall Greenwich Village restaurant that's been dutifully serving comfort food to satisfied customers for more than 30 years. Lording over the eatery is hilarious, ersatz philosopher/owner Kenny Shopsin, who caters to his regulars while dispensing tough love with his okra chowder. And he's just as likely to throw his customers out as he is to take their orders.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Matt Mahurin
- This movie is
- 2004 Sundance Film Festival®
- Grand Jury Prize: Documentary nominee
- 1995 Independent Spirit Awards®
- Best Male Lead nominee: Jon Seda
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
I Like Killing FliesClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it