In Her Shoes
Wild-child Maggie and straight-laced Rose have nothing in common, except for their size 8-1/2 feet. But Maggie's discovery of a long-lost grandmother the girls never knew they had could be the thing that brings them together for good.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Curtis Hanson
- 2006 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
PG-13Thematic material, language and some sexual content
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurette; cast and crew information.
In Her ShoesClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the film includes sexual references (images and language); indeed, it opens on fragmented shots of a drunken sexual encounter in a bathroom at high school reunion. Focused on the tensions between two grownup sisters, one a rowdy rebel and the other a prototypical "good girl," the movie pays particular attention to familial conflicts, secrets, and traumatic history (the sisters discuss the mother's suicide, committed when they were children; their father is remarried to a woman who treats them disdainfully). Characters use some crude language, usually in anger or surprise, including multiple uses of the s-word and hell, and slang for sex and genitals. One character reads aloud from a romance novel (including predictable, here comic, references to heaving breasts and sexual passion); and an episode of Sex and the City on TV refers to sexual activity. The rebellious sister wears skimpy clothing, including bikinis and underwear. Characters drink (to the point of vomiting) and smoke. The rebellious sister steals money and other items, sometimes from family members.
- Sexual Content
- Sexual references, slang, and images (activity, cleavage, sounds), some pushing the edge of a PG-13 rating.
- Not applicable
- Mild, including s-words, sexual slang, ass, and hell.
- Social Behavior
- "Bad" girl is sexually promiscuous, steals from her family, and learns the error of her ways; snobby/mean stepmother; frequent family tensions.
- Clothing brands (Jimmy Choo shoes)).
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking (to the point of visible drunkenness and vomiting), some smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it