For one million dollars, a handsome billionaire proposes to Diana that they spend a single night together. Her husband is a cash-strapped architect who could use the cash. Will she do it?
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Adrian Lyne
- DVD and Blu-ray
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral), English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby True HD, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Indecent Proposal is a '90s romantic drama with strong sexual themes. The few explicit sex scenes are between a married couple, and they're shown with underwear on. A woman's bare breast is seen twice, and a few quick close-ups of a man's genitals through underwear are seen. Profanity is infrequent but strong, including "f--king," and "s--tting." Drunken behavior leads to a confrontation and passing out. Best for mature teens, not only because of the sex scenes but also because the real focus is the effects of mistakes and regrets on a relationship, even fairy tale ones that were meant to last forever.
- Sexual Content
- A few early sex scenes between married adults show kissing, caressing, undressing, and simulated sex. Both characters have their underwear on so no body parts are seen, but there are a few close-ups of the man's genitals in underwear. A woman's bare breast is seen twice. A woman puts a man's hand on her breast under her shirt. Infidelity and sex without love are major themes.
- A slap on the face; someone's hit on the head once; people throw and break things in anger.
- "F--king," "p---y," "s--tting," "slut," "poon hound," "bulls---t," "ass."
- Social Behavior
- Relationships don't last because people are meant to be together or because feelings for one another will never change; they last because each is willing and able to forgive the other when they make mistakes or when things go wrong.
- The former Las Vegas Hilton is featured prominently. A Pepsi can is partly obscured.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adults drink wine with meals or socially. Background casino action shows cocktail service. Drunken behavior leads to a confrontation and passing out.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it