Insidious: Chapter 3
Delving into the years before the horrifying events of the first two installments, this nerve-jangling prequel follows a gifted psychic who uses her skills to help a teen tormented by a threatening paranormal entity.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Leigh Whannell
- DVD and Blu-ray
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Insidious: Chapter 3Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Insidious: Chapter 3 is a prequel to Insidious (2010) and Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013), with returning stars Lin Shaye, Angus Sampson, and Leigh Whannell. There's tons of spooky stuff -- mainly well-timed jump-scares, plus images of a scary demon attacking a teen girl and a psychic fighting with the same demon. The teen girl is hit by a car and roughed up quite a bit while wearing casts on both legs. Knives are wielded, but only a little blood is shown. Infrequent language includes one use of "f--king," one "bitch," and a few uses of "ass," plus a middle finger gesture. A teen boy has a crush on the teen heroine, but nothing comes of it. There's a joke about two teen girls being lesbians. Like most horror sequels, it's not as good as the original, but it provides enough tingles that it should be a fairly sizable draw for teen horror hounds.
- Sexual Content
- A neighbor boy seems to have a crush on the teen heroine. Teens joke about their sexual identity.
- Plenty of scary stuff, mostly jump-shocks with screaming demons. A girl is hit by a car; bruises and blood shown. Wearing casts on both legs, she's roughed up and thrown from her bed. A woman attacks a demon with a razor. A girl holds a box knife to her own throat. A girl beats up three men. Demon fighting. Talk of characters committing suicide and dying of cancer.
- Infrequent; one use of "f--king," plus "bitch," "ass," and a middle finger gesture.
- Social Behavior
- Family members stick together, helping one another out in a time of need. Other characters put themselves at personal risk to help strangers.
- Apple computers shown.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it