It Runs in the Family
The Gromberg family is one of the most powerful families in New York City -- but hidden beneath a veneer of perfection is a wealth of dysfunction. Three generations of Douglas thespians star in this touching drama about the ties that bind.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Fred Schepisi
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; making-of featurette; director's commentary; Kirk Douglas documentary.
It Runs in the FamilyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has a lot of mature material for a PG-13, including sexual situations and references. There is one casual sexual encounter in which a girl introduces herself to the boy just as they are about to go to bed together. An older brother nags his 11-year-old brother about kissing (or more) the girl he likes. A grandfather gives his grandson tips about seducing a girl. An adulterous encounter is halted because someone comes into the room. A character uses and deals in drugs, and characters turn to alcohol to numb their feelings.
- Sexual Content
- Strong sexual references and situations for a PG-13.
- Tense family scenes, bullies menace smaller kids.
- Strong language for a PG-13, including "s--t," damn, ass, and bitch.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Character uses and sells drugs, drinking and smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it