It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown
As Halloween approaches, Charlie Brown receives a long-awaited invitation to a Halloween costume party. Meanwhile, Linus eagerly awaits at the pumpkin patch for the arrival of the Great Pumpkin -- hoping it will finally make its big appearance. And let's not forget Snoopy, who plans to augur in Halloween by donning his World War I goggles and scarf and battling his archenemy, the Red Baron, in this beloved television special.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Bill Melendez
- This movie is
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie BrownClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this Peanuts classic appeals to all ages. It promotes many favorite American Halloween traditions like trick-or-treating and apple bobbing, not to mention the infamous Great Pumpkin (who must have missed Linus' pumpkin patch somehow). When Snoopy dresses up as a WWI flying ace, he hams it up during a pretend battle atop his dog house -- complete with flying bullets. Some of the Halloween imagery (ghosts, skeletons) may alarm the very youngest viewers.
- Sexual Content
- Very mild. Lucy's lips touch dog lips -- very unintentionally. Sally tells Linus "If you hold my hand, I'll slug you."
- When Snoopy pretends he's a WWI flying ace atop his dog house, shadows of bullets fly by with sound effects, and he makes gun motions with his front paws. His dog house also goes down behind enemy lines. The opening sequence shows the kids dressed up as ghosts running from skeletons and specters.
- Lots of Charlie Brown-speak: "stupid," "blockhead," and "good grief!"
- Social Behavior
- Sticking to your beliefs no matter what others may think.
- No brand-name Halloween candy.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it