This long-running military legal drama follows naval commander Harmon Rabb (David James Elliott), a fighter pilot turned elite lawyer, and his team of prosecutors as they crisscross the globe investigating the misdeeds of Navy and Marine personnel. Together with his partner, Lt. Col. Sarah Mackenzie (Catherine Bell), Rabb goes undercover, observes war games and is stranded on a mountain with his vintage plane, among other exploits.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
TV-14Parents Strongly Cautioned. This program contains some material that many parents would find unsuitable for children under 14 years of age.
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the main characters in this military legal drama investigate people accused of crimes that range from manslaughter to sexual harassment. Each episode features flashbacks illustrating what the JAG officers are discovering; although they're much less graphic than those on other crime dramas, the scenes may scare younger or more sensitive viewers.
- Sexual Content
- Flirting and mild innuendo; unmarried couples live together. Long-standing sexual tension between the two lead characters.
- Murder and other crime scenes are depicted, although not very graphically.
- Relatively mild: "Damn," "ass," "bastard," "hell," "bitch," etc.
- Social Behavior
- In this series, justice always prevails, and few get away with their crimes. One of the main characters is a strong, smart woman.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it