A 10-year-old boy who looks like a 40-year-old man due to a medical condition convinces his overprotective parents to send him to public school. The children don't know what to make of him, but with the help of his teacher, he tries to win them over.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Francis Ford Coppola
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie is appropriate for adolescents and would be suitable for younger children were it not for several scenes involving nudity and profanity. The movie opens with a costume party, with bizarrely outfitted characters, including a woman appearing to sport four breasts. While it may be natural for 10-year-old boys to be interested in nude women, the film makes light of Jack's purchasing Penthouse magazine for his friends. Both kids and adults use phrases such as "Your mouth smells exactly like your butt," and "Bet you could crack walnuts on her ass, too." One of the boys' mothers, played by Fran Drescher, also comes on to men inappropriately.
- Sexual Content
- Woman in costume sports four breasts, promiscuous mother, boys covet Penthouse magazine.
- Bar-room brawl scene.
- "A--hole," "son of a bitch" and other profanities.
- Social Behavior
- Cruel children, violent man in bar, but ultimately a positive message about treating other people with respect and living for the present.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Adults drink.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it