Jackass: The Movie
Johnny Knoxville and his fellow stunt-loving pranksters perform daring and strangely idiotic feats, wandering Japan in panda outfits, wreaking havoc on a golf course, performing stunts involving live alligators and more.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jeff Tremaine
RDangerous, sometimes extremely crude stunts, language and nudity
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; filmmakers' commentary; cast commentary; making-of featurette; outtakes; additional footage; promo spots; music videos; trailer; cast and crew information; photo gallery; poster gallery.
Jackass: The MovieClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie earns its R rating due to the excessive display of bodily fluids and use of vulgar language. But there's no MPAA rating that would provide any useful guidance about the movie's inappropriateness for audiences of any age. Parents should know that the movie includes very disgusting and visually explicit gags.
- Sexual Content
- Extreme real-life abuse that includes insertion of various substances and objects into orifices.
- Painful, real-life injuries throughout.
- Extreme: "f--k" and everything else exclaimed often (especially during stunts).
- Social Behavior
- All characters are white males, and all males cheerfully go "below and beyond" for a laugh, embarrassing their friends and putting them in dangerous situations. Some stunts are very dangerous, and even though the movie includes a "do not try this at home" advisory, is it really enough?
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it