Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Jake Saves Bucky
Set sail with Jake and his crew on a high-speed adventure on the high seas. According to the Never Land pirate code, Jake and his crew must race Bucky against the Jolly Roger and sneaky Captain Hook. But if Bucky loses, he'll belong to Hook forever.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
TV-YAll Children. This program is designed to be appropriate for all children.
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Jake Saves BuckyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that young fans of the popular TV show will want to tune in for the swashbuckling fun in Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Jake Saves Bucky, a movie-length special that celebrates the same values of teamwork, friendship, and problem-solving that are the series' hallmarks. Sensitive kids will feel for the characters during their emotional good-bye to their beloved ship, so be ready to reassure them that all will be right in the end. Energetic music, riddles, and the progressive collection of gold doubloons keep kids engaged in the story and make them feel like part of it. Be sure to call attention to the movie's messages about fair play as it relates to the race's outcome.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Jake carries a pirate sword, but it's more of an accessory than a weapon. A fire-breathing dragon may worry some sensitive/young kids.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Kids see Jake and his pals band together to save their beloved ship from their nemesis' clutches. Teamwork and friendship are presented as the key elements to their success, and Captain Hook's destiny is a direct result of his cheating ways. There's lots of emotion in the kids' sadness over losing Bucky, which might have the same effect on sensitive children, but a happy ending makes everything better. The story attempts to draw in kids with dialogue aimed at them.
- Jake's image graces toys, books, games, and other products marketed toward kids. This movie is connected to a TV series for preschoolers.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it