Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius
When gooey green aliens kidnap all the adults in Retroville, it's up to Jimmy Neutron to come up with a plan to rescue them. The 11-year-old genius and his pals blast off in homemade rocket ships on an intergalactic mission.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John A. Davis
- This movie is
- 2002 Academy Award®
- Best Animated Feature nominee
Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; making-of featurette; music video; DVD-ROM features.
Jimmy Neutron: Boy GeniusClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Jimmy Neutron, Boy Genius has lots of cartoon action (explosions, crashes, falls, an alien invasion, air battle, spear-play) and some suspense (adults are abducted from Earth and threatened with being eaten by a dragon-like three-eyed monster), but it's always more humorous than violent. No one is injured or killed -- even the gooey alien life forms simply dissolve into green goo. Only the youngest or most sensitive kids might find it scary. Some comic potty humor (i.e." sugar booger," "holy cow pie," "I peed in the shower"), is heard occasionally, the highlight of which is Jimmy's invention of burping soda. A mechanical dog poops metal nuts, bolts, and other hardware.
- Sexual Content
- Mention of puberty. Girls flirt with a bad-boy type.
- Comic action throughout. Jimmy's inventions constantly get him into trouble: He falls, vehicles explode; he is unwittingly responsible for an alien invasion. The heroes are endangered by: a meteor shower, an alien abduction of all the kids' parents, shock-inducing spears, an all-out air battle that pits the alien spaceships against the kids' jerry-rigged amusement park rides and includes explosions and electric bolts. Alien lifeforms are green and frog or slug-like. They utter threats like "You all must die" and then cackle. Jimmy's robotic pet dog is captured and menaced by the aliens. A worm, a plant, and the main monster all have fangs or pointed teeth and threaten to devour their victims.
- Mild potty humor ("my pants are almost dry," says a boy after being scared) and the expressions "kick buttock," "holy cow pie," "sugar booger," "I peed in the shower."
- Social Behavior
- Jimmy's behavior proves that it's valuable to be smart. Parents make rules because they love and want to protect you. Jimmy and his friends pay dearly for sneaking out of the house to attend an amusement park opening. The statement "What your parents don't know won't hurt 'em" is cleverly contradicted. Some clearly stated messages: Don't talk to strangers; be careful what you wish for; and don't be hard on yourself.
- TV Land television channel is visible in one scene. This 2001 movie was followed by the TV series, The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron, which originally aired on Nickelodeon from 2002 through 2006.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it