Relations between Stewart and his wife, Claire, crumble after Stewart finds a corpse on a fishing excursion but waits to alert the authorities until the trip is over. Horrified by Stewart's callous delay, Claire tries to atone for his inaction.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Ray Lawrence
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; making-of featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this short story-based film is a bleak study of human cruelty in the form of emotional sabotage and actual murder. There are many violent episodes -- from the opening sequence in which a serial killer stalks his prey to a scene in which two children kill a pet to an emotionally jarring exchange in which a husband and wife fight each other with words and fists. Racism also rears its nasty head, and there are disturbing close-ups of a murdered woman. Characters drink, smoke, and swear.
- Sexual Content
- A husband and wife have sex (though there's no nudity). Some talk of sex. A partially naked corpse.
- Lots of it, and in all forms -- from verbal abuse to outright murder. A serial killer hunts down women and unceremoniously dumps a partially naked body into a lake. Also, children kill a pet, intending to use it for sacrifice. A man punches his pal on the nose and breaks it. One of the children keeps a dead bird that she presumably also killed.
- Occasional use of everything from "damn" to "holy s--t" to "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Disturbing moments include a child nearly causing a playmate to drown; physical abuse between spouses (a man and woman attack each other verbally and with their arms and fists in a discomfortingly realistic fight); crimes such as tampering with evidence; racial conflict.
- Some product placement in the gas station, but nothing easily identifiable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Lots of alcohol. The four men guzzle beer on their fishing trip and at a party beforehand. Some shots of characters smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it