John Tucker Must Die
When Heather, Beth and Kate (Ashanti, Sophia Bush and Brittany Snow) discover they've all had their hearts broken by the same scoundrel -- the charismatic John Tucker (Jesse Metcalfe) -- they join forces to get revenge and give their attractive ex a taste of his own medicine. The three girls devise a plan to ruin Tucker's reputation as a Casanova by enlisting the new girl in town (Arielle Kebbel) to seduce him. Jenny McCarthy co-stars.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Betty Thomas
- 2007 Razzie® Awards
- Worst Supporting Actress nominee: Jenny McCarthy
Widescreen 2.35:1, Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; deleted scenes; making-of featurette; trailer.
John Tucker Must DieClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that they'll have to do some course correction after their teens see this movie -- which they'll all want to do. If your kids think this is how to relate to the opposite sex, they'll never find true love. The almost constant sexual references -- both visual (mostly girls in scant costumes) and verbal (slang for genitals and activities) -- are hormonally age appropriate but not recommended as healthy teen interaction. Sketchy behaviors revolve around a high school basketball star who dates multiple girls; the girls seek revenge by humiliating him in public. Their strategies involve crass gender stereotypes (girls get the boy to behave and dress like a "girl," assuming this is a bad thing). Characters drink alcohol.
- Sexual Content
- High school girls wear skimpy clothing; boys wear lacy thong underwear; some kissing and petting; references to STDs; discussion of effects of estrogen pills (jokes when boy starts crying and acting "girly"); use of phrase "uncork and pork" to refer to boy's dating strategy.
- Basketball games get rough (body slams; hits in crotches); face slap.
- Several uses of s--t and one damn; pejoratives like "slut," shallow bastard," "pansy-ass."
- Social Behavior
- Girls engage in ongoing lying and tricking to "get even" with cheating boyfriend.
- Shots of junk food/logos in school food center (Coca Cola).
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking at parties.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it