There's a Frenchman after the crown jewels and the throne itself -- but not to worry, Johnny English (Rowan Atkinson) is on the case. Well, actually ... maybe a little worrying isn't out of order, considering how clumsy Johnny can be! Luckily, his zeal more than makes up for his bumbling manner. Let's hope that can help solve the crime of the century; if not, love in the form of double agent Lorna Campbell (Natalie Imbruglia) might.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Peter Howitt
- This movie is
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; making-of featurette; character profiles; spy tips; deleted scenes; observation test; DVD-ROM features.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there are a few strong words ("ass") and some bathroom jokes in this slapstick comedy. Some spy adventure peril including guns, but no blood or intense violence. Kids not familiar with the long-term French-English political and cultural clashes may be confused by the animosity between the French and English characters.
- Sexual Content
- A bare bottom meant for laughs; mild sexual references.
- Comic peril including shooting and fighting, no one hurt.
- Some potty talk and a few instances of "ass."
- Social Behavior
- Vague messages about good vs. evil, but all played for laughs. Some potty humor.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some social drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it