Johnson Family Vacation
Think National Lampoon's Family Vacation with an all-black cast featuring Vanessa Williams, Lil' Bow Wow and Steve Harvey. Nate Johnson (Cedric the Entertainer) and the rest of the Johnson clan bumble their way across the country to their annual family reunion in Missouri. The family's madcap misadventures abound, and it's anybody's guess as to whether the Johnsons will make it to the event in time.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Christopher Erskin
PG-13Some sexual references, crude humor and brief drug material
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; making-of featurette; cast and crew commentary; deleted scenes; closed captioned.
Johnson Family VacationClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the sexual content in Johnson Family Vacation includes nonstop sex jokes, including an erection gag, as well as implied nudity and lots of talk about having sex. All the violence is played for laughs, including car crashes, a man being beat up and a baby alligator being nearly drowned. There is drinking and a drug reference -- a hitchhiker leaves a drug pipe in the car and the family goes to jail for it. The commercialism is blatant, from the Burberry car interior to the youngest daughter's love of Froot Loops and the son's Pepsi addiction.
- Sexual Content
- Pretty raunchy stuff for a PG-13: lots of sex jokes, an erection gag, teen-age Nikki wears skimpy clothes, Nate ends up naked in a hot tub filled with women and makes a comment about his "snake", the kids make comments about their mother "creepin' while Dad was sleepin", constant talk about how Dorothy and Nate haven't had sex for three months, an uncle makes several sexual comments about Dorothy.
- All the violence is played for laughs: a baby alligator is slammed into a sink and almost drowned; a man is beat up by various members of the family; cars crash. An alligator in the hotel room may alarm younger kids.
- Some strong language.
- Social Behavior
- No one behaves very admirably -- even the father picks up hitchhikers and drives dangerously. Countless sex-related jokes; gross-out humor; gay joke.
- Brand names abound -- everything from high-end designers to cars, breakfast cereals and soft drinks.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, drug reference.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it