Judgment at Nuremberg
This Academy Award-winning film by Stanley Kramer stars Spencer Tracy as American judge Dan Haywood, who's chosen to guide a 1948 tribunal that's trying Germans suspected of engaging in atrocities during World War II. Against the backdrop of the Cold War, Haywood must obtain justice in a case with raised stakes and mixed emotions. Maximilian Schell co-stars in an Oscar-lauded performance as defense counsel for the Nazi prisoners.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Stanley Kramer
- 1962 BAFTA®
- 1962 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Director (Motion Picture)
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- 1962 Academy Award®
- Best Writing Adapted Screenplay
- Best Actor: Maximilian Schell
- Best Actor nominee: Spencer Tracy
- Best Director nominee: Stanley Kramer
- Best Costume Design Black and White nominee
- Best Picture nominee
- Best Supporting Actress nominee: Judy Garland
- Best Cinematography Black and White nominee
- Best Film Editing nominee
- Best Supporting Actor nominee: Montgomery Clift
- Best Art Direction Black and White nominee
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital Mono, English: DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Filmed in B&W; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; photo gallery; featurettes.
Judgment at NurembergClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it