In this outstanding character study, a big-city art dealer travels from Chicago to North Carolina to meet her new husband's small-town Southern family. But their trip soon gives rise to more problems than either of them bargained for.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Phil Morrison
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; featurette; cast and crew information; cast and crew interview.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie includes sexual language (including references to genitalia) and imagery (brief images of a married couple making love and a young woman masturbating). Characters smoke, drink, and curse (including the f-word), and a couple of them use the n-word. A character is glimpsed on the toilet, through a doorway.
- Sexual Content
- Some sexual situations (including brief masturbation), tastefully represented.
- Violence depicted in paintings, a short fight between brothers.
- Some cursing, including f-word.
- Social Behavior
- Characters make poor decisions, but the movie explores reasons and alternatives.
- Gallery owner wants to sell paintings, so marketplace is a theme.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink and smoke cigarettes.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it