Desperate for help, Leslie (Lisa Kudrow), an overwhelmed working mother trying to raise two unruly boys while her husband fights in Iraq, reluctantly turns to her slacker brother-in-law Salman (portrayed by writer-director Scott Prendergast). Enthusiastic but clueless, Salman makes a mess of caring for the boys, but, anxious to help out, he eventually takes a job as a huge blue corporate mascot in this quirky and touching comedy.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Scott Prendergast
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that although this movie features child actors, centers around a family with young children, and even has a costumed character that appeals to children, it's rife with mature themes like infidelity, failure, and abandonment. One young character seems particularly enraged and forlorn and exhibits his frustrations by hitting and throwing objects. There's drinking, lots of swearing, and some partial nudity (though it's not sexual in nature).
- Sexual Content
- A woman has an affair with her boss; they're shown cuddling together and about to kiss. Another woman is shown in her bra and skirt, right before she embarks on a liaison. A man's backside is revealed accidentally, but not during sex. A character is shown urinating, though no body parts are exposed.
- A clearly enraged child attacks his minder with toys and fists; later, he and his brother are shown trying to poison him with scrubbing cleanser. It's played in jest, but still ... Also, two people confront a couple on a tryst, which leads to some pushing, shoving, and screaming. The Iraq war is referenced more than once through radio and TV clips -- its presence looms over everyone.
- Quite colorful, including everything from "a--hole" and "bitch" to "j-zz" and "f--k."
- Social Behavior
- Marital infidelity, family discord, neglect -- it's all here, but the film has heart, and its main character is full of good intentions.
- Signage for BluNexion, an Internet company that has Kabluey as its mascot; Mustang GT decals are visible on a car, Wishbone salad dressing, Lexus, various supermarket signs.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One character smokes at work; Salman drinks a beer at work.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it