Liam Neeson turns in a fascinating portrayal of Dr. Alfred Kinsey, who interviewed thousands of people about their sex lives and released his findings in a groundbreaking 1948 book known popularly as "The Kinsey Report."
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Bill Condon
- 2005 Independent Spirit Awards®
- 2005 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- 2005 Academy Award®
- Best Supporting Actress nominee: Laura Linney
RPervasive sexual content, including some graphic images and descriptions
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; director's commentary; deleted scenes; alternate ending.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has very graphic and explicit sexual references and situations, including clinical and informal discussions and depictions of a wide range of sexual experiences and activities, including adultery and homosexuality. Characters use extremely strong language including clinical and slang terms for sexual acts. Characters drink and smoke. The movie includes some tense emotional scenes and some minor scuffling. A strength of the movie is its depiction of early concerns about equal treatment for women and minorities, including gays and lesbians.
- Sexual Content
- Very explicit sexual references and situations, clinical discussions of many sexual acts.
- Tense emotional confrontations, some scuffles.
- Very strong language.
- Social Behavior
- Not applicable.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, smoking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it