Kung Fu Panda: Holiday
As preparations for the Winter Feast build, Po is caught between his obligations as the Dragon Warrior and his family holiday traditions. In the end, he follows his heart and shows both the villagers and the palace the true meaning of community.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Tim Johnson
- DVD and streaming
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Kung Fu Panda: HolidayClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that there's nothing in this TV special that will surprise existing fans of the original movie, although the show's shortened length means that there are far fewer martial-arts scenes (only a couple that show contact, in fact). There's a brief storyline that involves a rabbit's self-proclaimed desire to die to restore honor to his people, and astute viewers will see a handful of instances of him intentionally putting himself in harm's way (hoping knives will fall on him or trying to boil himself, for instance). That said, it's the heartwarming messages of holiday traditions and family bonds that will impress viewers of all ages more than anything else.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- As in the movie, there are a couple of scenes of high-flying martial-arts action with kicks and punches, but the effect isn't scary at all. A subplot follows a character's efforts to get Po to kill him (he puts himself in the path of knives and tries to boil himself, for instance) after he feels he's brought shame on his village, but again, the effect is more humorous than frightening.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Po struggles with opposing responsibilities to his family and his new status as Dragon Warrior. Eventually he learns that listening to your heart is the best way to make the right decision, and his choice inspires others to do the same.
- This holiday special follows a successful full-length movie and joins an extensive product line of clothing, toys, games, and accessories.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it