LEGO: Hero Factory: Rise of the Rookies
This action-packed animated adventure presents the story of Lego's latest toy line: Hero Factory. In a high-tech facility staffed by engineering geniuses, the Heroes are constructed from advanced materials and tasked with protecting the universe. The newly anointed crime fighters travel the galaxy in their pods to combat the most evil villains ever seen, including gang leader Von Nebula, who can generate Black Holes, and radioactive Meltdown.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
English SDH, FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access, bonus short "Lego Atlantis".
LEGO: Hero Factory: Rise of the RookiesClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie is essentially a long commercial for Lego's Hero Factory product line. All of the characters and vehicles that appear are for sale. Plus, there's lots oof over-the-top fighting, including myriad weapons (bombs, lasers, guns, acid) and lots of punching and peril. And in the end, the characters, while touting messages of teamwork, don't rise above the violence and commercialism that infiltrate every part of this DVD.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Lots of battle scenes, though all characters are robots. Weapons of all conceivable shapes and sizes -- bombs, lasers, guns, acid -- plus lots of punching and pounding. Perilous situations like girders falling on robots, falls from high buildings, and spaceship crashes.
- Threatening language: "idiot," "loser," etc.
- Social Behavior
- The idea of teamwork is touted, but the frequent unprovoked violence works against any positive take-aways.
- All of the characters are Lego action figures that are for sale. Accessories like vehicles and space stations also for sale. Kids will know the products by name at the end of the movie.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it