Land of the Dead
Humans have lost the battle against the flesh eaters and are barricaded in a walled city ruled by ruthless despots. When the zombies develop advanced military tactics, it's up to a group of mercenaries to save the living.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- George A. Romero
- This movie is
- DVD and Blu-ray
URUnrated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 HD, Spanish (Neutral): DTS 5.1 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; When Shaun Met George; Scenes of Carnage; Zombie Effects: From Green Screen To Finished Scene; additional featurettes.
Land of the DeadClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this zombie movie is relentlessly, though resourcefully, bloody, and not for children. Parents should be aware that it follows in a tradition largely established by director George Romero, aiming for innovative uses of grisly special effects makeup with a focus on loose body parts, vicious dismemberments, and exposed viscera. (Aficionados of the genre will appreciate the outrageousness.) When they aren't killing or eating each other, characters smoke, drink, dress scantily, do drugs, prostitute and pimp, and use foul language.
- Sexual Content
- References to prostitution, night club sexuality, lesbian kissing.
- Zombies eat people; people shoot and chop up zombies; burning, exploding, and torn-in-half bodies.
- Harsh language to indicate fear, aggression,and macho posturing.
- Social Behavior
- Human villains dedicated to cruel class system, with zombies exploited as entertainment.
- Humans holed up in a mall, so commercial appeals are evident.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, drugs, smoking
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it