After Earth receives a message from space warning of approaching intergalactic invaders, four small-town lunkheads find themselves thrust into the unlikely role of humanity's defenders when they accidentally intercept a weaponized alien battle suit.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Matt Hullum
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English SDH, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Lazer Team is a sci-fi comedy from Rooster Teeth, a production company with a popular YouTube channel. There's plenty of fantasy action, fighting, and comical violence, with lots of laser-gun shooting, as well as some teen brawling at a party and football clashes. Though no nudity or sex is actually shown, there are strong sexual situations and innuendo; teens also kiss at a party. Language is fairly frequent and runs the gamut, including "s--t," "bitch," and "d--k." One character drinks too much beer and smokes too much, a lot of which is played for humor (though he does "recover" by the end of the movie). Teens are seen with cups of beer at a party.
- Sexual Content
- Characters think/talk about sex. Interrupted sexual situations. Teens kiss at a party. Some strong innuendo. Sexual gestures.
- Fantasy fighting and violence. Shooting with lasers. Comic violence; head bonking. Grappling/scuffling. Football violence. Explosions. Police Taser gun.
- Fairly frequent language includes "s--t," "a--hole," "ass," "dumbass," "bitch," "jerk off," "douchebag," "d--k," "moron," "hell," "boob," "screwed," and "oh my God." A character also says "what the "f---" but is cut off.
- Social Behavior
- Through teamwork, respect and friendship are learned.
- Fans may know the Rooster Teeth team from YouTube and may be inspired to buy Rooster Teeth/Lazer Team products in their online store.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- A character seems to have a drinking problem (he drinks lots of beer). He's also a heavy smoker; it's mostly played for laughs, and he "recovers." Teens shown with cups of beer at a party.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it