Elle Woods's twin cousins are eager to attend their new prep school, but their classmates prove to be anything but welcoming. When they're framed by the school's elite for a crime, the girls use their cleverness and charm to prove their innocence.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Savage Steve Holland
- This movie is
English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; and more.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this direct-to-DVD production is an attempt to skew the Legally Blonde movie's signature of girly smarts to the younger set, and that the girls are lauded not just for beauty but for brains as well. Students on scholarship at a snooty Beverly Hills private school lie to cover up the facts of their economic situations, though only the nice characters are "poor." Conspicuous consumption is stamped into every frame. Students sneak into a teacher's office, and eventually the teacher covers up for them.
- Sexual Content
- Some flirting and crushes among teens.
- Not applicable
- One "crap" from teenage girls.
- Social Behavior
- The movie emphasizes that brains are as important as looks and reminds characters (and thus viewers) that it's more important to have true friends than "cool" ones. Private school students on scholarship are treated as second-class citizens by the school's mean kids in an obvious statement about skewed values, but when the villains get their comeuppance, what's their punishment? Enrollment in public school, which is presented as chaotic.
- Nonstop, as a signifier for the "blonde" mentality of these otherwise very smart girls. Shopping on Rodeo Drive and casual dialogue gives exposure to Dior, BCBG, Jimmy Choo, Versace, and more. Jansport backpacks, however, gets the prize for most obvious placement.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it