Life as a House
Faced with a sobering diagnosis of terminal cancer, George (Kevin Kline) decides to construct a beautiful new house on his land overlooking the Pacific Ocean, while at the same time trying to connect with his estranged son (Hayden Christensen). Kristin Scott Thomas and Mary Steenburgen co-star in this moving dramedy that speaks eloquent volumes about the fragility -- and resilience -- of the human condition.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Irwin Winkler
- 2002 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; commentary with Irwin Winkler; deleted scenes; two original documentaries; additional DVD-ROM features.
Life as a HouseClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has drug use, very strong language, sexual situations and references, including teen prostitution, nudity, masturbation involving attempted suffocation, and adult-teen sexual encounters. Teenagers take very foolish risks with little consequence beyond their own misery. There is a very sad death.
- Sexual Content
- Brief nudity, sexual situations including teens and prostitution.
- Sad death of character, some tense and scary moments.
- Very strong language.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drug abuse an issue in the movie.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it