Lilies of the Field
Aimless ex-soldier Homer Smith (Sidney Poitier) is on his way to California when his car overheats in the desert. He stops to get some water at an isolated farm and soon finds himself building a chapel for the nuns who live there. The stern mother superior (Lilia Skala) is certain God has sent Smith for just that purpose, and all of Smith's words to the contrary fall on deaf ears in this Oscar-winning film from director Ralph Nelson.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Ralph Nelson
- 1965 BAFTA®
- Best Actor nominee: Sidney Poitier
- 1964 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Filmed in B&W; no region code; interactive menus; scene access; theatrical trailer.
Lilies of the FieldClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it