Lilo & Stitch
A lonely Hawaiian girl named Lilo -- who's being raised by her older sister after their parents die -- adopts a funny-looking dog and names him "Stitch," not realizing her new best friend is, in fact, a wacky alien created by a mad scientist.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- 2003 Academy Award®
- Best Animated Feature nominee
PGMild sci-fi action
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.66:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; making-of featurettes; music video; "A Stitch in Time" featurette; hula lesson; interstitials; location featurette; interactive game; director interview.
Lilo & StitchClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that some elements of this movie's cartoon action (including laser battles, gunfire, characters being captured and held hostage, and explosions) -- as well as the more bizarre-looking monsters -- could be scary for young children and justify the PG rating. Stitch, a small but powerful intergalactic creature, is destructive and angry; he bares his sharp teeth and angry attitude frequently throughout, causing chaos and mayhem wherever he goes. As in many Disney stories, Lilo and her sister Nani are orphans, though the circumstance of their parents' death is referenced only once. In a break from Disney tradition, there are no unredeemable villains; everyone ultimately learns important life lessons, including the heroes, who are far from perfect when the movie begins.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Lots of non-lethal cartoon action. On a distant planet, aliens/monsters are always ready to do battle: There are explosions, falls, armed conflict in space, shooting with lasers, stabbing with a needle, creatures held in glass cages, and the capture and imprisonment of a little girl. While on Earth, a child punches and bites a classmate, a house blows up and falls apart, there's gunfire, characters are dragged underwater, and there are frequent appearances by a destructive, perverse little monster with gnashing teeth and vicious behavior. The main characters' parents died in a car accident (a fact that is referenced once).
- "Butt" is used.
- Social Behavior
- Family ties can be formed under the most strained and difficult situations and can unite even angry, desperate, and otherwise abandoned people (and creatures). A close, loving family is a source of great strength, and caring about others is a way to experience true happiness.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it