Living Single: Season 1
This popular urban sitcom groups a trio of single women into one three-bedroom apartment, proving that one doesn't need a husband to be happy. Publishing maven Khadijah James (Queen Latifah) holds the twentysomething household together. Her wide-eyed cousin, Synclaire (Kim Coles), an aspiring actress, supplies the drama while fashion-conscious Regine (Kim Fields) keeps things interesting. Erika Alexander co-stars.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Living Single: Season 1Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this series focuses on the strength of friendship and pursuit of romance. The show includes fairly strong sexual innuendo and at times makes clear (but not graphic) references to sex. While most of this will likely go over the head of younger viewers, parents should exercise caution. Parents should also know that this show celebrates African-American culture and community and the importance of accepting racial and ethnic differences.
- Sexual Content
- Strong sexual innuendo and some discussions of sexual activity. Some making out, but no simulated sex.
- Not applicable
- Mild: "Damn," "crap," etc.
- Social Behavior
- This show is a positive representation of African-Americans. It also provides positive messages about friendship and loyalty.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some adult consumption of alcohol.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it