Susan Sarandon received an Academy Award nomination for her role as the mother of Lorenzo (Zack O'Malley Greenburg), a typical young child whose life is shattered when he's diagnosed with a terminal disease. His parents, Augusto (Nick Nolte) and Michaela (Sarandon), feel helpless as they watch their son slowly succumb to the illness. Not satisfied with modern medicine, they research the disease and turn to a controversial remedy for help.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- George Miller
- 1993 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
- 1993 Academy Award®
- Best Actress nominee: Susan Sarandon
- Best Writing Original Screenplay nominee
PG-13A child's life threatening ordeal
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it