From the eerie haunts of the real Dracula to Knights of Templar strongholds and Atlantis, this 13-episode series delves into the history of lost worlds. State-of-the-art computer reconstructions, excavation evidence and scientific data reveal myths and facts on Ancient Athens, Palenque and other lost locales. Join a team of history detectives as they uncover the secrets of Jerusalem, Hitler's Supercity, Braveheart's Scotland and more.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this documentary-style educational series has some battle dramatizations, including some minor bloody scenes. Stories of death and injury are common, though not dwelt upon. Experts try, and often succeed, at making history appealing to a broad range of viewers.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Brief depictions of war, with some blood. Discussion of violent historical events, like the Holocaust.
- Occasional "hell."
- Social Behavior
- Teaches history. Historical characters are sometimes good and sometimes bad (William Wallace vs. Hitler, for example).
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Potential for mentioning/depicting drinking, though only in a historical context.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it