Lovely & Amazing
Michelle struggles in a loveless marriage while her mother and sisters field vain insecurities in this indie dramedy. Elizabeth questions the narcissistic realm of acting, while Annie and Jane take drastic measures with their looks.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Nicole Holofcener
- This movie is
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; cast and crew interview; filmmakers' commentary; storyboards.
Lovely & AmazingClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie features very mature material, including teen-adult sex and full-frontal nudity. There's drinking and swearing, and the characters are often abusive to one another. This film also deals with mature subjects, from liposuction to a loveless marriage.
- Sexual Content
- Discussions of threesomes, heavy petting, extended foreplay, extended full-female nudity, teenage sex with a middle-aged woman.
- Off-screen dog attack.
- A homophobic slur, sexually vulgar language, swearing from and at children, and a racist/anti-Semitic joke.
- Social Behavior
- The film does not include a single character who is not in some way disturbed. The main women (and child) all appear to be struggling with emotional issues. That struggle manifests itself in alternating hateful/selfish and caring behavior. The film also includes a slew of bad relationships.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Casual drinking by adults, underage drinking (at the behest of an adult).
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it