Determined to relocate her team of misfit players to a warmer climate, Cleveland Indians owner Rachel Phelps is banking on a losing season, which would make the move possible. Unfortunately for her, she's underestimated the motley crew's will to win.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- David S. Ward
- DVD, Blu-ray and streaming
RRestricted. Under 17 requires accompanying parent or adult guardian.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 Surround, French: Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
English SDH, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby True HD, English: Dolby Digital Mono, French: Dolby Digital Mono, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital MonoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; alternate ending; photo gallery; and more.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this R-rated sports comedy includes a great deal of foul language. In some scenes nearly every other word is an obscenity. The rest of the movie is pretty tame, however. You'll find some drinking and cigar-smoking, plus there are a couple of discreet love scenes and some glimpses of players' backsides in the locker room.
- Sexual Content
- There's asexual partial nudity in the team locker room (bare butts are visible). The female team owner slaps a couple of players' butts. Two sets of characters have off-screen sex (the viewer sees just foreplay and afterglow). A player is caught cheating on his wife in a televised news segment.
- Dorn and Vaughn push and shove each other, and in another scene Dorn punches Vaughn in the face. A couple of players give each other menacing looks.
- This is major-league cursing: More than two dozen "F"-words and "s--t," along with "ass," "Goddamn," "dick," and one "motherf--ker." There's even cursing in Spanish, courtesy of Cerrano.
- Social Behavior
- Even when faced with nearly impossible odds and no confidence from their owner, the ragtag team pulls together to give the season their best shot.
- Major League Baseball: Cleveland Indians, New York Yankees
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- The guys drink cocktails and beer. Cerrano (and Jobu) smokes cigars and drinks rum.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it