In this suspenseful drama from writer-director Woody Allen, an ambitious tennis pro gets mixed up with the darker side of high society -- and when the walls begin to close in, he considers taking desperate steps.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Woody Allen
- This movie is
- 2006 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Director (Motion Picture) nominee
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
Spanish (Neutral), English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film includes frequent references to sex and sexual desire, including scenes of a married couple in bed and of adulterous sex (one takes place in a field, in the rain; the imagery is not explicit, but a minute or so of lusty performance). Characters frequently refer to "making love" and use verbal innuendo ("Who's my next victim?", "a powerful serve"). Characters appear in various states of undress (the rainy scene shows the woman's nipples through her wet shirt). The film includes some arguments among family members; characters smoke cigarettes frequently and drink alcohol. The climax involves a murder with a shotgun, rendered in a way that emphasizes the emotional impact of the violence on the shooter.
- Sexual Content
- Characters talk about sex and engage in it, with partial nudity; some women's clothes show cleavage or curves.
- Murder near end of film, with shotgun. One body falls off screen, the other appears, bloody.
- Some profanity.
- Social Behavior
- Protagonist engages in adultery, deceit, and murder.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Frequent smoking and drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it