Million Dollar Baby
Despondent over a painful estrangement from his daughter, trainer Frankie Dunn isn't prepared for boxer Maggie Fitzgerald to enter his life. But Maggie's determined to go pro, and to convince Dunn and his cohort to help her.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Clint Eastwood
- DVD, Blu-ray and streaming
- 2005 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Drama)
- Best Director (Motion Picture)
- Best Supporting Actor in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Drama) nominee
PG-13Violence, some disturbing images, thematic material and language
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
Spanish (Neutral), French, EnglishClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.40:1Subtitles
English SDH, English, French, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
French: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Million Dollar BabyClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that the movie features brutally realistic fight scenes with graphic injuries. A character becomes paralyzed and asks to be allowed to die. Characters drink and smoke and use some strong language, including the "N" word. There are some mild sexual references and some ugly insults. Some viewers may be unhappy with the portrayal of a priest who uses bad language.
- Sexual Content
- Scantily-clad ring rings and reference to breasts.
- Brutal boxing matches with graphic and very serious injuries.
- Some strong language including the n-word and f-word.
- Social Behavior
- On the plus side, there's a strong inter-racial friendship between Frankie and Eddie, and a sweet, father-daughter-like bond between Frankie and Maggie. Viewers will be divided on whether Frankie makes the right decision for Maggie in the end, but his dedication to her after she's injured is admirable.
- Not applicable
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Characters drink and smoke.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it