Unpolished and disheveled, FBI agent Gracie Hart (Sandra Bullock) needs a serious makeover before going undercover as a Miss United States beauty pageant contestant to catch a psychopathic terrorist who's threatened to blow up the proceedings. A beauty consultant (Michael Caine) is hired to transform Hart from "Dirty Harriet" into a beauty queen -- with hilarious and surprisingly effective results, much to her partner's (Benjamin Bratt) shock.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Donald Petrie
- This movie is
- 2001 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Actress in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.85:1Subtitles
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; deleted scenes; audio commentary by Sandra Bollock and co-screenwriter Marc Lawrence; additional audio commentary by director Donald Petrie; making-of featurettes; cast and crew information.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Miss Congeniality features lots of fun, lighthearted comedy and well-delivered punch lines, but also contains a fair share of sexual innuendo and sexist jokes. There's lots of punching, kicking, and one explosion (though injuries are few), and a reference to a sexual assault. There is some profanity ("ass," "crap," "Goddamn," and "s--t"). Drinking (cocktails, shots, wine) is occasionally visible. Logos for Starbucks, Ben & Jerry's, and Bud Light are prominently featured.
- Sexual Content
- Contains some sexual innuendo, including mild references to virginity, male genitals, breasts, porn, homosexuality, and having sex. Beauty contestants are shown in bras and skimpy bathing suits.
- Contains lots of punching, kicking, and pushing, mostly during law enforcement operations; a few lead to injuries. Guns, bombs, and explosions are visible. Women's self-defense maneuvers are also featured/discussed. Screams are occasionally audible as a result of painful beauty regimens. A sexual assault is briefly discussed.
- Occasional strong words like "ass," "crap," "Goddamn," and "s--t" audible.
- Social Behavior
- Stereotypical jokes about women, beauty contestants, and female-related subjects are frequent. The various ways that women empower themselves is also discussed.
- Logos for Starbucks, Bud Light, Ben & Jerry's are prominently visible. The Alamo Dome is visible.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking (beer, shots, wine, cocktails) is occasionally visible. An extended club scene features some drunken behavior.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it