Monster High: Great Scarrier Reef
Splash into a Whole New Monster High World! Join your favorite ghoulfriends in an all-new aquatic adventure! When the ghouls get pulled into the school pool, they're transported to the gore-geous underwater world of the Great Scarrier Reef. Lagoona realizes she¹s come home and, in a fintastic mission of the heart, decides to come to terms with her own freaky flaws. Of course she'll need some help from the most creeperiffic friends ever as she confronts a frenemy from her past, competes in a scaretastic dance extravaganza, and fights a terrible beast from the deep!
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- William Lau
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Widescreen Anamorphic 1.78:1Subtitles
English SDH, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Monster High: Great Scarrier ReefClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Monster High: Great Scarrier Reef is a typical Monster High DVD release. The teen "ghouls" (as always curvy and fashion-savvy) embark on an adventure, meet new teen monsters, and return to their domain with important lessons learned. Some mild cartoon action includes: a fall into a whirlpool, which carries them into an underwater civilization; an encounter with a mischievous teen "ghoul" of the sea; and a face-off with a legendary "Kraken" (sea serpent) who roars a lot, chases them, and attacks the school. Of course, the release of this DVD is tied to lots of new dolls and related products. Cross-promotion is a trademark of the Monster High brand.
- Some cartoon scares and action: A silly-looking but ferocious Kraken (sea serpent) chases, roars, and attacks the ghouls and the school; bats fly and scare Lagoona Blue. The ghouls all fall into a pool and are swept to the bottom of the sea by whirling waters.
- Lagoona Blue and Toralie Stripe engage in some name-calling.
- Social Behavior
- Primary message: Confront fears in order to overcome them. Traditional Monster High messages: "Be unique; be yourself; be a monster." Celebrates differences; promotes acceptance of others. Lesser directives: "The face is beautiful when the heart is beautiful." "Some people think the best way not to be embarrassed is to embarrass someone else." And, "The past made me what I am."
- Another entry in vast toy franchise. Dolls based on new characters are released in tandem with DVD.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it