A baseball star who retired with exactly 3,000 hits learns that three of his hits didn't count, and now he's making a comeback at age 47 to get three hits and preserve his Hall of Fame chances.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Charles Stone III
- This movie is
English, Spanish (Neutral), FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; director's commentary.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie has strong language for a PG-13, with a wider range of bad words than normally occur in movies of this kind. There are a series of jokes about the inability of a Japanese ballplayer to curse correctly. The movie has non-explicit sexual situations and explicit sexual references. Characters discuss what made sex with each other the best either of them had ever had and make Viagra jokes. There's a reference to an alcohol abuse problem, and there are many scenes in a bar. A strength of the movie is the portrayal of intelligent and capable African-American and female characters.
- Sexual Content
- Explicit sexual references, non-explicit sexual situations.
- Comic violence includes a ball hit into the pitcher's crotch, threats.
- Strong language for a PG-13.
- Viagra and other products mentioned by name.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Drinking, scenes in bar.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it