Courageous heroine Mulan and her hilarious luck dragon, Mushu, are back in this sequel to Disney's smash hit. But Mushu frets when Mulan gets engaged, fearing he'll lose his cherished role as her guardian.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- DVD and streaming
NoLanguage and sound
English: DTS 5.1 Surround, English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; deleted scenes; featurettes; games & activities; music video.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Mulan II is a 2005 Disney animated movie. There is some cartoon violence and peril throughout the film, but what shines through most is the theme of love being a decision made not by external forces, but by the heart itself. Besides the occasional violence -- fighting with swords, tridents, fists, and feet -- a girl sings about wanting to "bounce around in [her] underwear" during a musical sequence. Two of the main characters hang precariously off a rickety wooden bridge. There also is a large array of Mulan-themed action figures and plush toys for sale that tie in with this movie franchise.
- Sexual Content
- Some kissing and cuddling among couples in love. The theme of arranged marriage is only lightly touched upon.
- Occasional cartoon violence and mild peril. Characters do battle with swords, tridents, fists, and feet. Two of the main characters hang precariously off a rickety wooden bridge.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Mulan teaches lessons about balance. Through example and discussion, she also discusses the importance of following your heart instead of what others want you to do out of a sense of duty.
- Mulan is a Disney Princess, whose brand reaches far and wide. There are plenty of Mulan action figures and plush toys on the market.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it