Mulan: Special Edition
Disney brings an ancient legend to life in this animated tale of the brave Mulan, a tomboyish girl who disguises herself as a young man so she can fight with the Imperial Chinese Army against the invading Huns.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- This movie is
GGeneral audiences. All ages admitted.
Widescreen 1.85:1, Pan-and-Scan 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 5.1
Mulan: Special EditionClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that kids under 5 may find some of the scenes in this lush Disney adventure frightening. Mulan becomes a hero and helps her people -- but she does so by rebelling against authority. She also learns to fight with weapons. The Huns destroy Chinese villages and kill people (not shown), and some battle scenes are scary and intense.
- Sexual Content
- Some flirting.
- Mulan joins the Chinese army during wartime. She learns to fight with weapons. The Huns destroy Chinese villages and kill people (not shown). Some of the battle scenes are scary and intense. Tense sword battle at the climax. Explosions.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- Ultimately, the movie's messages are about the importance of working hard and working together, being honest, and trying your hardest.
- Mulan is a Disney Princess, whose brand reaches far and wide. Expect to see princess branding on consumer merchandise, food products, etc. as well as in books, websites, and other media.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- One character smokes a long cigarette.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it