My Favorite Year
Peter O'Toole delivers a sensational knockout performance as Alan Swann, a booze-loving matinee idol -- and a has-been through and through -- who's forced into making a live variety show appearance to appease the Internal Revenue Service after they nail him for back taxes. Joseph Bologna (modeled after Sid Caesar from "Your Show of Shows") is equally memorable as the show's tempestuous star.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Peter O'Toole, Mark Linn-Baker, Jessica Harper, Joseph Bologna, Bill Macy, Lainie Kazan, Anne De Salvo, Basil Hoffman, Lou Jacobi, Adolph Green, Tony DiBenedetto, George Wyner, Selma Diamond, Cameron Mitchell, Jenny Neumann, Corinne Bohrer, George Marshall Ruge, Barbara Horan, John Welsh, Gloria Stuart
- Richard Benjamin
- 1983 Golden Globe Awards
- Best Supporting Actress in a Motion Picture nominee
- Best Actor in a Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- Best Motion Picture (Musical or Comedy) nominee
- 1983 Academy Award®
- Best Actor nominee: Peter O'Toole
PGParental guidance suggested. Some material may not be suitable for children.
English, French, Portuguese, Spanish (Neutral)Closed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer; actor/director commentary; O'Toole film highlights.
My Favorite YearClose
Common Sense Note
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it