My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Royal Pony Wedding
When it's announced that Twilight Sparkle's older brother, Shining Armor, is set to marry Princess Celestia's niece, all the ponies in Equestria should be celebrating. But there's one pony that's not so thrilled with the news: Twilight Sparkle!
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jayson Thiessen
TV-YAll Children. This program is designed to be appropriate for all children.
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Royal Pony WeddingClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that My Little Pony Friendship Is Magic: Royal Pony Wedding is inspired by a well-known product line from Hasbro, so if your kids aren't already aware of the toys, games, and accessories bearing the brand, they most likely will be after watching. But if this kind of commercialism isn't a concern for your family, this movie is a fine pick: It incorporates valuable social messages into a well scripted, relatable story that has wide-range appeal. The concept of good and evil is central to the story, as are sinister plots and the possibility of being impersonated by someone. That, combined with a physical clash between the two sides -- marked by some hitting, kicking, and an exchange of colored bolts fired at each other -- warrants some thoughtful previewing if your younger kids are sensitive to this kind of content.
- Sexual Content
- A couple of kisses between the betrothed pair.
- The ponies face off with a nefarious herd of changelings, with some punching and kicking from both sides and an exchange of flying bolts of light that knock down their enemies. But no one appears to be seriously injured. A main character is imprisoned for a short time.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The story's themes include trusting your instincts and persevering in the face of doubt, both of which are recapped at the movie's end. Good and evil aren't always distinguishable in the early stages of the story, but there's a rosy ending and some lessons learned for the protagonists.
- The movie is based on characters from a popular toy line from Hasbro. Replicas of all of the characters, plus special edition wedding-themed ones, are available at stores, and their images grace an array of clothing, books, games, and accessories as well.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it