My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow
In this My Little Pony adventure, a horned filly named Rarity is busy learning how to create the first rainbow of the season so that she can become a princess of Unicornia. But before she can learn her lesson, her curiosity lands her far from home.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- John Grusd
- This movie is
- DVD and streaming
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
My Little Pony: The Runaway RainbowClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow is third-generation My Little Pony (pre-Friendship is Magic and -Equestria Girls) and tells the story of a young Rarity learning how to make her first rainbow on her way to becoming a princess. Kids used to watching the more recent incarnations may be confused by this earlier version, though its target is more preschooler than the newer tween. Additionally, the My Little Pony series has a strong marketing tie-in with multiple generations of shows, toys, books, and accessories that are widely available. There is very minor, brief peril when Rarity dives off a cliff chasing a butterfly and lands in a river below, unharmed. Later, a few ponies try to save her but tumble into the water, too.
- Very minor, brief peril when Rarity dives off a cliff chasing a butterfly and lands in a river below, unharmed. Later, a few ponies try to save her but tumble into the water, too.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- My Little Pony: The Runaway Rainbow offers positive messages about playfulness and curiosity but balances these messages with the importance of knowing when it's time to be serious and take responsibility. There also are themes of teamwork, sticking together, and trying to understand where another person is coming from.
- Though this My Little Pony feature comes from the original lineup of toys and dolls, the franchise still exists today with extensive merchandise, shows, books, and other accessories widely available (and heavily marketed) for purchase.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it