Naruto Uncut: Vol. 1
Based on the popular manga series created and produced by Masashi Kishimoto, this action-packed anime series revolves around the adventures of Naruto Uzumaki, a young ninja-in-training who hails from the Konohagakure village. Aspiring to one day become the Hokage of his village, Naruto will first have to come to terms with the nine-tailed demon-fox trapped inside his body 12 years prior by the fourth Hokage.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Chie Nakamura, Kate Higgins, Junko Takeuchi, Maile Flanagan, Noriaki Sugiyama, Yuri Lowenthal, Akira Ishida, Brian Donovan, Hidekatsu Shibata, Colleen O'Shaughnessey, Hideo Ishikawa, Crispin Freeman, Houchu Ohtsuka, Danielle Judovits, Kazuhiko Inoue, Dave Wittenberg, Kentarou Itou, David Lodge, Kouichi Toochika, Debi Mae West
- Hayato Date
NRNot rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA.
Full Screen 1.33:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo, English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Naruto Uncut: Vol. 1Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this popular anime series had a huge fan following long before its 2005 Cartoon Network premiere. There's lots of animated violence -- including fights, weapons use, and more -- but there are also strong examples of hard work and perseverance. Still, this is clearly a hit show that has captured the attention of young and old anime fans alike, so your kids may very well want to watch it.
- Sexual Content
- Girl ninjas describe themselves as sexy; boys and girls flirt and have crushes.
- Strong, frequent animated violence. Physical combat between individuals, often using weapons.
- Words used by kid ninjas include "screwing over." Also plenty of angry outbursts.
- Social Behavior
- While there are plenty of battle scenes in each episode, Naruto does have a mentor who helps him believe in himself.
- Plenty of tie-in merchandise is available.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it