Nights in Rodanthe
With chaos tearing her family apart, Adrienne Willis takes a weekend job at her friend's coastal North Carolina inn, but when a hurricane hits and strands the only guest, surgeon Paul Flanner, Adrienne's life changes forever.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- George C. Wolfe
- DVD and Blu-ray
Full Screen 1.33:1, Widescreen Anamorphic 2.35:1Subtitles
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 2.0 StereoOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access.
Widescreen Anamorphic 2.40:1Subtitles
English, French, Spanish (Neutral), Portuguese, English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 5.1, Spanish (Neutral): Dolby Digital 5.1, Portuguese: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary; alternate scenes; music video; making-of featurette; behind-the-scenes featurette.
Nights in RodantheClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that -- in terms of swearing, sexuality, violence, and commercialism -- there's hardly any age-inappropriate content in this romantic (if cliched) drama based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks. That said, it may not interest a lot of young since since it deals with mature subjects like infidelity, divorce, and death (albeit with plenty of empathy). Adult characters drink heavily in one scene.
- Sexual Content
- A couple falls into bed together; only their faces are shown. They're also seen lolling about under the covers, with shoulders bared.
- A storm cuts a violent swath through the town of Rodanthe. Couples fight heatedly. A man kicks a car out of anger and lurks menacingly.
- One use of "s--t"; otherwise, "son of a bitch," "hell," and "ass" are about as salty as it gets.
- Social Behavior
- Friends are quite supportive of one another. Parents seem genuinely concerned about their children.
- Not too many products, though the movie could serve as a tourism reel for the Outer Banks.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Two adults drink heavily in one scene; some additional social drinking.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it