Not Another Teen Movie
On a bet, a gridiron hero at John Hughes High School sets out to turn a bespectacled plain Jane into a beautiful prom queen in this outrageous parody that ruthlessly lampoons popular teen movies of all stripes.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Joel Gallen
URStrong crude sexual content and humor, language and drug content
English, FrenchClosed captioned
YesLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, French: Dolby Digital 2.0 SurroundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; audio commentary by filmmaker's and cast; three behind the scenes featurettes; 18 deleted scenes, including the original ending; "Tainted Love" music video; trailer; Joe Gallen's first film "The Car"; teen trivia; auditions clip; cast and crew information.
Not Another Teen MovieClose
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this film is not for children. The movie contains full frontal female nudity, repeated references to sexual scenarios involving defecation, a storyline in which three teen boys plot "to get laid," and an alcoholic father who urges his teen daughter to commit incest. There are also several references to marijuana, as well as underage drinking, some scenes of comic violence, and lots of strong language (including "f--k" and "s--t").
- Sexual Content
- Frequent and extreme references to teens "getting laid," plus numerous portrayals of nudity (full-frontal female nudity, cleavage, bare buttocks and breasts), frank dialogue, and situations. Sex toys are seen. Also tons of references to male and female anatomy and lesbian sex.
- Most of the fairly infrequent violent acts are comedic, but they're severe in nature (characters are hit by vehicles, literally get torn part, etc.) and lack repercussions.
- Frequent use of words like "f--k," "s--t," "p---y," "c--k," "laid," "ass," "tits," "hell," "crap," "oh my God," and "goddamn."
- Social Behavior
- The movie is intended as a spoof, but that doesn't excuse the fact that there are no positive messages to speak of. Stereotypes run rampant, and no topic is off limits. Teen drinking and sex are treated very lightly.
- Some mention of fashion and cosmetics.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Alcohol and marijuana use (including by underage characters), generally without consequence. One adult character is an alcoholic.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it