Now You See Me 2
Who better than a band of illusionists to pull off a heist that leaves everyone bewildered? In this mind-bending sequel, the Four Horsemen do it again, this time with the intent of exposing a shady technology tycoon.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Jon M. Chu
- DVD and Blu-ray
PG-13Parents strongly cautioned. Some material may be inappropriate for children under 13.
Now You See Me 2Close
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that Now You See Me 2 is the sequel to 2013's popular, magic-centric heist flick Now You See Me. It reunites most of the actors from the original film (including Woody Harrelson, Jesse Eisenberg, and Mark Ruffalo) -- and adds some newbies (like Daniel Radcliffe) -- for another entertaining caper. There are plenty of intense action and fight sequences that might be too bone-crunching for younger viewers (characters punch, shoot, and throw things at each other, people fall out of planes, etc.), and the traumatic death of a character's father when the character was a young boy is discussed frequently. Expect some swearing -- including "damn," "s--t," and "a--hole" -- as well as social drinking and a passionate kiss.
- Sexual Content
- A passionate kiss. A woman takes off her lacy black bra while being searched.
- Characters speak with relish about killing others. In a few intense fight sequences, characters punch, shoot, and throw things at each other (in one scene, a glass bowl is thrown at an assailant's face) and shove each other around. Tables are upturned, cars catch on fire, characters are thrown out of planes -- it's mayhem. A child watches a magic act in which his father drowns; a disturbing reenactment of that incident nearly ends in tragedy again. In some of the magic tricks, it's made to look as if Lula's head and hand are cut off, with blood spurting everywhere.
- Words include "oh my God," "Jesus," "hell," "crap," "s--t," "d--k," "a--hole," "bulls--t," and "damn."
- Social Behavior
- Amid the scheming and plotting, teamwork and loyalty are strong theme -- i.e., united you stand, divided you fall. Sometimes, letting go of anger and resentment is the fastest path to inner peace.
- Apple, Sands, and Mercedes Benz all make an appearance in some form.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Social drinking by adults.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it