A vacationing couple on a scuba diving expedition in the Caribbean accidentally gets left behind and is stranded for endless hours. Dehydrated and sickened, they must fend for themselves in shark-infested waters.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- Chris Kentis
- This movie is
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1, English: DTS 6.1 Surround SoundOther features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; director's commentary;featurette.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this movie isn't for kids. Although it has been called a modern day Jaws, it isn't a shark movie at all -- the sharks are merely background characters here. This low-budget, dialogue-heavy indie is really about the complex relationship between a married couple, and it will bore teens who are expecting a fast-moving horror movie with high-tech special effects and lots of gore. There are scenes of intense peril that may be too much for sensitive kids. There are shark attacks and we see blood, but the extreme danger the characters face is worse than any actual violence we see. There is a scene in which the couple talks about having sex (we see the woman naked), but they decide not to go through with it. There's a lot of strong language (which isn't too surprising given the couple's dire circumstances). The ending may shock and upset some viewers.
- Sexual Content
- Shots of a naked woman lying in bed; she and her husband talk about having sex but end up not doing it.
- Intense peril, shark and jellyfish attacks (some blood) and death.
- The couple use lots of profanity in frustration at their situation.
- Social Behavior
- The only main character of color is the inept captain that inadvertently leaves the couple behind. Also, the couple are downright nasty to each other at times during their ordeal.
- Not applicable.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Some people at the hotel are shown drinking, but if you blink you would miss it.
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it