This family-friendly comedy centers on two siblings, Sammy (Billy Unger) and Carla (Ariel Winter), who are disappointed when their workaholic parents send them on vacation with their grandparents. When Sammy wishes that kids could rule the world, the chaos begins! Suddenly, dad Robert (Pauly Shore), mom Denise (Colleen Crabtree) and all the other adults are behaving like children, while the youngsters are in charge of running the town.
Rent DVDs for only $4.99 a month.
- R. Michael Givens
English SDHClosed captioned
NoLanguage and sound
English: Dolby Digital 5.1Other features
Color; interactive menus; scene access; trailer.
Common Sense Note
Parents need to know that this kids-gone-wild comedy sticks to the straight and narrow for the most part. It doesn't rely on gross-out moments or lewd humor to keep the movie entertaining. Instead, it's full of positive messages about the importance of family and being responsible. And aside from some mild comic violence, there's very little to concern parents.
- Sexual Content
- Not applicable.
- Kids punch other kids, but no blood. Ninja fight scenes use comical hand-to-hand martial arts. Some perilous moments in cars.
- Not applicable
- Social Behavior
- The movie makes the point that even when the world is topsy-turvy, sticking with your family is important. There are some moments where fathers and grandfathers are given more appreciation than mothers and grandmothers.
- Recognizable boxes of cereal (Trix) and snacks (Fiddle Faddle) make cameos in the movie.
- Drugs / Tobacco / Alcohol
- Not applicable
- Age appropriate
- Not an issue
- Depends on your kid and your family
- Not appropriate for kids of the age most likely to want to see it